Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This role is responsible to lead the development and sustainability of the Cargo Solutions portfolio and provide alignment and structure to a team of Solutions Engineers responsible for the design and delivery of products and services offered by Commercial. This position has ownership of the applicable IATA regulations and their application to the Branch along with technical leadership and for global solutions performance and alignment with the Branch Quality Management and performance metrics.
- Lead the development, implementation, and sustainability of Cargo solutions
- Develop strategies to adapt and innovate with the industry and markets
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and support to Solutions Engineers
- Ensure compliance to the Branch Engineering Operating System
- Responsible for the change implementation
- Liaise with the Branch’s commercial and operational functions to ensure that customer requirements successfully translate to satisfaction
- Track and follow up on performance and quality of assigned Cargo solutions
- Provide support to the Regulatory, Procedures and Operations Engineering teams
- Prepare presentations and deliver to executive levels
- Review analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Lead industry with expertise and develop a strong network of industry leaders
- Facilitate engagement with front-line and Customer Service Employees as part of the new product development and implementations
- Develop performance monitoring and help identify opportunities for improvements
- Provide a structure for support to Customer requests and Sales leads
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a requirement
Minimum of 5 years of experience
Quality Management principles or ISO certification training is a requirement
Eligible for membership to the Professional Engineering Order (OIQ, OSPE) is an asset
Minor or certificate in Business is an asset
Experience with IATA Boards is a requirement (TCR, PCR, ULDR, LAR)
Proven leadership abilities
Ground handling, warehousing, and system integration an asset
Lean Six Sigma belt is an asset
Experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Process Management, workshop facilitation
Results and action-oriented, tempered by an ability to manage the pace of change with empathy
Detail-oriented, precise, well-structured, and organized
Strong problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for dealing with ambiguity
Capable of working effectively and enthusiastically as a team player
Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
Strong capabilities in Microsoft 365 suite
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.