Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The purpose of the End User Services – Facilities IT Transition (FITT) Team is to unify Air Canada’s IT services delivery for consistency and quality across its internal and sourced environment with ITIL/ITSM best practices. To provide overall system, application, communication, and mobile technology that support Air Canada Airports and Administration offices throughout the world. Working with vendors, other Air Canada IT departments, operational teams, Corporate Real Estate and Corporate Security you will implement complete end-to-end solutions that meet business and end user IT requirements. Provide expert technological guidance as needed working with various IT teams to maximize operational integrity, performance, and safety.
The Specialist, End Used Services – Facility IT Transition will be reporting to the Manager, End User Services.
- Accountable for the implementation of Air Canada applications and network systems, including Air Canada provided check-in and gate computers, networking, telephony, and back-office environments.
- Adhere to change management process for Airports IT Systems and the coordination required with all other appropriate departments and vendors, including approval process.
- Lead engagement and work efforts with other AC and vendor teams to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Provide proactive on-going communication to key stakeholders, to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Assume a lead role assessing and escalating project related risks to the proper management level when needed
- Provide support and guidance on the development of scripts and technical testing/integration for all new systems and/or changes to existing systems.
- Provide on-site support activities both leading and conducting site surveys collecting and compiling IT information,
- Lead, coordinate and participate in on-site testing/validations during hardware and application deployments.
- Oversee the translation of functional requirements into technical documents.
- Create and maintain detailed project and team documentation
- Manage risks associated with project related hardware/software implementations.
- Meet project timelines and budgets
- Provide IT project costing estimates in support of project funding
- Partner with Airport Authority to ensure Air Canada Applications at common use environments
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
- Indirectly support and mentor business analysts and business SME’s and peers.
Strong knowledge of airport information technology platforms and applications is an asset
Working knowledge of dedicated and Common Use environments is an asset
A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
9-12 years of IT technology, project, and people leadership experience in a large company
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Demonstrated project leadership or team lead roles
Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational or corporate objectives.
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure and have a sense of urgency.
Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment.
Strong ability to be self-starter, independent learner, and team player.
Ability to lead under urgent and high-pressure situations.
Ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal/objective.
Ability to work a variety shifts as required to complete assignments
Ability to travel throughout the world
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.