Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Mechanics in Category 14 are engaged in performing all paint work required, relative to the aircraft, engines, propellers, instruments, accessories, buildings and ground equipment.
- Identify Ground Support Equipment/Vehicle(s) to be painted
- Prepare, clean and sand metal surfaces to be painted
- Apply primers/enamels
- Apply paint and mix paints
- Use power and non-power tools to complete the paint job (spray guns, sanders, paint booth, etc.)
- Clean and polish painted surfaces, remove/replace decals
- Follow proper safety procedures and use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Complete assignments on time
- Produce a satisfactory result for the client and work to the standards of Air Canada
- Accept direction from the Manager or Lead hand
- High school diploma / Diploma of Vocational Studies
- Possession of a valid Painter Certificate, Red Seal 310B or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a body repair / automotive painter or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet)
- Possession of valid driver's license (Mandatory).
- Be available to work night, evenings and days including weekends and holidays.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to pass and obtain an airside vehicle operators permit - AVOP (Mandatory).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.