Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill the permanent full-time position of Commercial Building Painter at our Montreal Maintenance Centre.
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking gun or putty knives
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging, apply paint , wallpaper and other materials and finishes interior and exterior surfaces.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, drywall for finish coats
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps and electrical covers prior to painting
- Measure and install drywall panels to accommodate electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, door frames and plumbing
- Complete assignments on time
- Possess skills with power and non-power tools to saw, drill, or cut holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, door frames and plumbing
- Produce a satisfactory result for the client and work to the standards of Air Canada
- Accept direction from the Manager or Lead hand
- Must posses a valid DVS ( Diploma of Vocational Studies or CCQ card)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge ( Word, Excel, e-mail and internet )
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.