Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Aeroplan loyalty program is transforming the way Air Canada engages with its customers, promising to create more rewarding relationships. Our team’s mandate is to re-envision the airline’s loyalty and digital products, with the goal of creating an easy-to-use and more personalized experience. We’re looking for great people who will thrive in an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, innovative, and fast-paced environment dedicated to bringing this vision to life.
The Manager, Financial Institution (FI) Partnership leads the management of at least one FI relationship for Aeroplan products (primarily cobranded credit cards), which includes being the main point of contact for the partner teams and internal shared services groups as well as leading the daily management of the partnership.
The successful incumbent will lead the management and growth of the assigned FI portfolio and will work with internal and external staekholders to develop compelling business strategies and oversee the execution of multiple, concurrent engagement projects in support of Aeroplan and our FI partner goals and objectives, including the acquisition and engagement of cardholders.
Responsible for the overall P&L (profit & loss) of the relevant FI partnership and cobrand portfolio
Manage the performance of the partnership and relevant cobrand portfolio
Lead the strategic planning for the partnership and cobrand portfolio, incl. definition of objectives & KPIs, strategies and tactics
Together with the Aeroplan Partner Marketing teams, design and manage the execution of all marketing plans and campaigns for engagement, acquisition and retention of cobrand cardholders
Define and manage the delivery of new Aeroplan FI-related products or promotions
Identify and oversee the implementation of new or enhanced operational processes related to the management of the cobrand portfolio
Establish and cultivate a trusting and cohesive relationships with partners at senior leadership and management levels
Report monthly & quarterly to senior leadership of Air Canada and the FI partner on the performance and strategic plans of the portfolio
- University or college degree, preferably in business or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of account management and/or finance/accounting related experience
- Financial acumen with strong data and analytical capabilities
- Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience in credit cards or financial institutions an asset
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously involving various stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Good problem-solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Experience working with partners within collaborative and integrated marketing environments
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong data-driven thinking and analytical skills
- Thrives in a high-volume, agile, and fast-paced environment within a high-performance, results-oriented, passionate and fun-loving/travel-obsessed team
- Bilangual English / French an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.