Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position will report to the Director, Global Baggage Excellence and is responsible for the management and delivery on baggage related initiatives and programs, while collaborating and supporting key stakeholders and providing operational support as required. The incumbent will be tasked to support all operational branches and continuous improvement of the customer experience, while providing oversight on ancillary revenues and cost avoidance as it relates to baggage. Providing input and ideology on the future of Air Canada’s baggage handling and elevating the customer experience will be at the forefront of this position scope.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Develop and manage all baggage projects / programs
- Measure and analyze performance regarding key metrics for all baggage projects/programs in order to provide recommendation(s)
- Delivery and implementation of baggage initiatives and programs, including “boots on the ground” support, ensuring continuous improvement
- Implement employee and customer feedback tool, gathering valuable information for improvement plans
- Develop action plans to maintain and meet targeted timelines
- Support and further development of ongoing baggage programs such as International to Domestic (ITD), Baggage Image Weight Identification System (BIWIS) and more
- Coordinate and work with Airport Authorities and CRE (Airport Development) on baggage systems upgrades and development, as well as any airport related programs and initiatives
- Responsible for the development of contingency planning for all A + B stations where impact is expected (ie. Construction, degraded baggage mode, loss of baggage data)
- Provide change management support/initiatives for program delivery to users and stakeholders
- Conduct compliance audits and address implemented process changes
- Manage excess baggage revenue budget and compliance for Airports NA (Budget of $325 million in revenue), including the development of plans to ensure compliance and optimal revenues
- Oversight and management of baggage data requirements and distribution for improved performance and operational needs
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate process changes to Airports North America and International for branch management and frontline users
- Serve as support for all global baggage related questions and/or initiatives for all stations for topics such as: Interim expenses, baggage delivery, alternate baggage routing, escalation for priority files, social media escalations, baggage reporting/tools, KPIs, station turnover and overall station performance on baggage handling.
- Develop and implement reporting tools for baggage performance and improvements
- Handle vendor agreements and request for proposals (RFP) as needed
- Provide guidance and direction to Airports North America, International and Baggage management of all bands as needed – baggage recovery, planning, operational improvements, process change and compliance
- Measure and manage service level agreements (SLA) of baggage vendors per contract/agreement to ensure compliance and performance, applying penalties as needed and encourage improvement
- Provide training with the required documentation and business plans (process change) to ensure frontline employees are being trained on the most recent and relevant information
- University degree in management an asset
- Customer Service driven
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational /corporate requirements
- Ability to make responsible financial decisions, meet deadlines and work under extreme pressure and a sense of urgency.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment
- Proven leadership and people skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multi-task on a consistent basis
- Ability to work flexible shift hours
- Project management experience an asset
- Flexibility and able to travel as needed
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.