Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Strategic Procurement, Energy – Operations & Standards is responsible for worldwide fuel operations, quality, safety and supplier relationship management activities. The role will provide leadership both internally and externally to coordinate the critical interface between fuel operations and North America and International operations, Maintenance, Corporate Safety and Quality Services, Corporate Environment.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Deliver on strategy for fuel operations by ensuring appropriate vendor resources are employed and financially justified.
- Ensure all vendors have adequate resources and programs in place to maintain the integrity of fuel quality.
- Resolve operational & quality issues discovered during day-to-day operations and through IFQP and internal audit program.
- Ensure that all vendors are qualified and trained in accordance to Company policy and Aircraft Manufacturer requirements to provide into plane services. Track all training programs and ensure relevancy and latest industry developments and internal operational changes. Ensure training compliance through periodic audits. Coordinate annual or recurrent training modules that are designed to forecast optimal training delivery. Communicate training delivery feedback on successes, failures, suggestions and suggest improvement or change where applicable. Where necessary deliver local training especially during seasonal start up operations.
- Ensure internal compliance with all IOSA requirements.
- Actively manage the IATA Fuel Quality Pool and Air Canada internal audit program by performing periodic inspections of airport fuel maintenance and operations (M&O), into-plane contract compliance in Company’s network, through the involvement with the IATA Fuel Quality Pool and Internal Audit program. Disseminate audit reports on a timely basis to all key stakeholders and ensure that audit findings are satisfactorily addressed. Manage, revise and enhance all associated all fueling checklists
- Maintain as necessary Air Canada Fuel Manual (Publication 84) and the Air Canada Fuel Quality Management System. Ensure on-going compliance with local CSA B836, JIG, ATA 103 and IFQP standards for on airport facility and with EI and API standards for off airport locations.
- Pursuit of operational excellence through continuous improvement, while maintaining a high degree of safety, operational efficiency and resiliency. Conduct periodic supplier performance reviews with key suppliers and internal business unit stakeholders and assist in the development and execution of vendor improvement plans to support the continued focus on delivering improved value. Track operational effectiveness including contract services, staffing and equipment productivity in cost effective manner
- Establish operational priorities, identify and rectify gaps and/or changes required to policies, SOP’s, or other protocols and oversee completion of actions
- Develop appropriate actions, plans and follow-up activity is in place to drive improved vendor performance. Proactively monitor strategic suppliers’ service delivery activities, prioritizing and escalating as required to senior management.
- Attend and represent Air Canada in various industry committees such us IATA, CSA, CGSB, A4A, IFQP.
- Lead investigation on safety related incident and accidents pertaining to fuel operations. Identifies and advise on adverse trends, risks, hazards, and best practices in order to ensure the continuous improvement of fuel operations.
- As per scheduled rotation, provides 24-hour coverage/availability to respond and manage fuel operational issues and provides to the required internal customers
- Role will require travel <50%.
- University degree in the relevant field of study (Engineering) or professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- In addition to a University degree in a relevant field of study, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership, analytical, communication, negotiation, and project management skills plus the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional operational experience with at least 3 years leading cross-department project teams across multiple disciplinary functions
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and must be willing to travel (<20%) for industry events, conferences, meetings with external parties, etc
- Completion of (or working towards) a designation in SCMA, ISM or other procurement designation is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.