Location : Toronto
Department : CRE
Union : IAMAW - Clerical
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Tasks and responsabilities
- Create tables, graphs and prepare spreadsheets.
- Sort and merge documents, reports, etc.
- Research data and prepare reports
- Edit and proofread
- Work under pressure
- Prepare, maintain, validate, input, and update data/files, records, documents, manuals, etc.
- Receive, index and revise manuals or data
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive and direct all incoming calls
- Provide assistance for outgoing calls, e.g. directory assistance, calling card
- Refer external customers to appropriate areas, e.g. departments, employees
- Assist other employees in the department
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Arrange travel and appointments
- Liaise with internal/external customers
- Research, resolve, and respond to internal/external customer issues and queries, verbally and/or in writing
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Design, compose, format and produce correspondence, reports and documents using a variety of software applications
- Prepare third party billings
- Handle cash/cheques and related documentation
- Verify and process invoices, claims and/or expenses
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for presentations, seminars, training sessions, interviews, etc.
- Build, update and maintain schedules and staff rosters
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreement and procedures
- Administer Collective Agreements
- Control distribution and maintain Company and technical publications
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Develop and maintain schedules
- Generate monthly accruals, generating purchase order numbers
- Liase with other departments
- Booking training rooms, classroom bookings
- Support facility manager on day to day admin requirements
- Vacation scheduling for union staff
- Generating spreadsheets
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain and develop accurate maintenance and/or technical records
- Audit records
- Monitor equalization of overtime
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks and Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator Level.
Skills and knowledge
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of aircraft terminology
- Aptitude for math
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Some positions may require lifting and climbing
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.