Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Resource Deployment Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and monitoring various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Work within a team to deploy unionized staff in a fast paced and dynamic airport environment
- Correctly assigns tasks to employees based on their qualifications to contribute to operational safety, a satisfying work environment and improved customer service quality
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve staffing issues with a results-oriented approach
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives aimed toward process & performance improvement within the Resource department
- Communicate company direction and rationale behind policies or decisions to employees
- In collaboration with the operational CEMs, responsible for performance management issues including identification of developmental needs and management of under-performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining
- Coordinate operational activities with operational managers and leads.
- Communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in customer service
- Develop daily staff rosters, including filling vacancies, reassigning staff, hiring overtime, managing under-time, and identifying exceptions
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes
- Effectively plan and delegate daily work assignments for the airports unionized staff using airport automation deployment tools
- Manage and resolve scheduling issues or changes that are escalated by Resource Coordinators
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decision
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to implement creative resolutions
- Strong knowledge of computer systems (ie Staff admin, Staff manager, ESS)
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and be flexible
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate critical thinking
- Strong knowledge in AC safety and service standards
- Understanding of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for unionized employees
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous airport operational experience is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.